Author Topic: Use just::thread with Intel C++ Compiler XE 13.1 from within Visual Studio?  (Read 28318 times)

mpressprich

• View Profile
Hi All,

I just bought a copy of just::thread, and have high hopes for successful C++11 compliant multi-threading. 

I did a test compile of my code with VS2008 after inserting "#include <thread>" and all seems ok.  However, when I switched to the Intel C++ Compiler from within VS and recompiled I get lots of complaints:

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\JustSoftwareSolutions\JustThread\include\jss/config.hpp(333): error: expected an identifier
1>      _JSS_INLINE_NAMESPACE_PREFIX namespace _JSS_INTERNAL_NAMESPACE_NAME
1>                                   ^

etc.

So, I have two questions.  One, is there a mechanism for getting just::thread to work with the latest Intel C++ compiler from within the VS2008 IDE?  If so, what is it?

I don't believe this question has been raised previously in this forum, but apologize in advance if I am wrong (if so, please direct me as appropriate).

Sincerely,
Mark

Anthony Williams

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • just::thread C++ Thread Library
The Intel C++ Compiler is not currently supported. There are plans to port to it, but we have no definite time frame --- early port attempts demonstrated that it is more complicated than expected.