Author Topic: Beta 0.3 build errors  (Read 31247 times)

Kenneth Carter

• Beta Testers
    • View Profile
Beta 0.3 build errors
« on: November 19, 2008, 06:13:04 AM »
I followed the instructions for adding the include and lib to my path.

I created a console application x86. I then added the header <thread> and <mutex>

I had 6 build errors and 4 warnings.

Warning   1   
warning C4003: not enough actual parameters for macro 'min'   
c:\program files (x86)\justsoftwaresolutions\justthread\include\jss\config.hpp   282   Parallel
Warning   2   
warning C4003: not enough actual parameters for macro 'max'   
c:\program files (x86)\justsoftwaresolutions\justthread\include\jss\config.hpp   291   Parallel
Error   3   
error C2589: '(' : illegal token on right side of '::'   
c:\program files (x86)\justsoftwaresolutions\justthread\include\jss\config.hpp   291   Parallel
Error   4   
error C2059: syntax error : '::'   
Warning   5   
c:\program files (x86)\justsoftwaresolutions\justthread\include\jss\config.hpp   300   Parallel
Error   6   
c:\program files (x86)\justsoftwaresolutions\justthread\include\jss\config.hpp   300   Parallel
Error   7   
Warning   8   
c:\program files (x86)\justsoftwaresolutions\justthread\include\jss\config.hpp   309   Parallel
Error   9   
c:\program files (x86)\justsoftwaresolutions\justthread\include\jss\config.hpp   309   Parallel
Error   10   

these errors occured with the <windows.h> header included with it removed I recieved 3 warnings
Warning   1   
warning C4146: unary minus operator applied to unsigned type, result still unsigned   
c:\program files (x86)\justsoftwaresolutions\justthread\include\cstdatomic   106   Parallel
Warning   2   
warning C4146: unary minus operator applied to unsigned type, result still unsigned   
c:\program files (x86)\justsoftwaresolutions\justthread\include\cstdatomic   106   Parallel
Warning   3   

I would appreciate any advice you may have on how to deal with these errors?

Kenneth
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 06:31:27 AM by Kenneth Carter »

Anthony Williams

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • just::thread C++ Thread Library
Re: Beta 0.3 build errors
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 08:08:07 AM »
I followed the instructions for adding the include and lib to my path.

I created a console application x86. I then added the header <thread> and <mutex>

I had 6 build errors and 4 warnings.

Warning   1   
warning C4003: not enough actual parameters for macro 'min'   
c:\program files (x86)\justsoftwaresolutions\justthread\include\jss\config.hpp   282   Parallel

these errors occured with the <windows.h> header included

I would appreciate any advice you may have on how to deal with these errors?

Kenneth

Thanks for reporting the problem. Please replace <InstallDir>/include/jss/config.hpp with the version attached to this message. It will be included in beta 0.4, which will be out this week.